Sunday, March 6, 2011

Carnaval

Last night was Carnaval in Cádiz. Basically it's an all night party where people dress up in wild costumes, and it's just thousands of people drinking in the streets. Wasn't really quite sure what to expect...our bus left at 8:30, got to Cádiz by 10. The company we went with, organizes trips for American's studying in Spain, it's called We Love Spain, they gave us a bocadillo (sandwich) when we got off the bus, and told us to meet us back there at 5:30 in the morning! I dressed up with my friend Alicia as a mariposa (butterfly) because I don't really like to wear really intense full outfit costumes. But other people really went wild. Once we got to the big area where everyone stands and hangs out it was out of control. So many people looked like they were dying. Ambulances were already getting there at 10:30 for people that were too drunk. It was pretty disgusting. And there was no music which I thought was a little weird. But I just hung out with my group of friends and it was pretty fun. You just kind of wander, meet fun people, there a couple parades going on, and drink. I definitely thought it was too long to be there. I could have left by like 3:00, and it was a little scary seeing some people so out of control. I'm glad I went, it was very fun and it was an interesting experience, but I prefer bars or discotecas.


No comments:

Post a Comment