Sunday, March 13, 2011

The rest of the weekend

Saturday during the day after lunch, my friend Alicia and I wanted to go wander by the river because it was finally sunny out. The weather has been so horrible here, raining all day every day. And right now until April 28th is this awesome street fair (really similar to like a saturday market/farmers market) with all this from everywhere around the world. There is also an inside part that we didn't go into yesterday but apparently it has a bunch of jewelry and other trinkets. But seriously I'm going to spend A LOT of time there. It is such a fun atmosphere, so many drink and food options. You can wander through the stands and by meat or cheese. We got some really good doughnuts.
We got guacamole and chips from the Mexican stand. Behind me are a bunch more, one from Peru, Argentina, Cuba. Later in the day it got super fun and crowded with great music too.
Behind Alicia is Australia, where all the meat is crocodile or kangaroo! And also the Greek stand where I got a gyro with lamb. Wow...SO good. We ran into CJ there and he got these awesome tacos from the Mexican stand so I'm going to get those next time for sure. There was also a German stand where someone got a frankfurter. 
This is octopus which I'm going to try some time too because I can't imagine that fried octopus is much different than calamari! I forget what stand this was at though, maybe Peru. But seriously this place is SO COOL. I can't wait to spend some really nice hot afternoons down there. I'm so glad it's here until almost the end of my program. I think all the profits go towards a good cause too because there were posters all over with a little child on them. I really wish people could come visit me. Everyone has either their parents visiting right now, their girlfriends/boyfriends because it's spring break for the east coast right now, or they have their siblings here. Everyone would really love it. But sort of sucks because the weather has been so bad. I think by next week it's supposed to finally start to stay nice. I go to Dublin on Wednesday night until Saturday, sooo excited. I've been planning out everything I need to see. I have to fly alone though so that should be interesting. Hopefully my ipod and blackberry get here in time! I've been really disconnected from the world because my phone and ipod got water damage when my water bottle spilled in my bag. I've sort of been really freaking out and stressing about not having them. It was a good weekend here, but now I won't be in Seville for the next 2 weekends, I got Dublin, and the Barcelona!


No comments:

Post a Comment