Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's been a pretty relaxed week here. Just been going to class, and coming back to my house to do homework and watch movies/tv shows. Yesterday was a really fun day with Piedad and Paco. I had a long lunch with them, then took a siesta, then had a little café and treat with them, and then we played really fun game called Rummikub or something. It's from the United States, one of their other students gave it to them. It was so fun though, and then we watched the Barcelona vs. Arsenal game. It was just great to speak a lot with them, but also play a game and just relax and watch soccer. I felt right at home.

In other news, I'm not sure if it's been on the news in the United States, but a 22 year old student from Sandiego State who was studying abroad in Madrid this semester, went missing almost a week ago, and was just found yesterday I think, in the river, dead. It's so sad but also hopefully a big wake up call to kids studying abroad. He was apparently drunk trying to get into a disco, and the bouncer wouldn't let him in, and then he just left. But it just goes to show that guys shouldn't think that they can walk alone either at night. Us girls never do, and we always take a cab to get home. But it's just sad because if he had been with even just one other person his death probably could have been preventable. And it's also a good reminder that people just can't/shouldn't drink that much here. Anyways that's just something that has been on a lot of my friends minds for the past few days!

It's been pouring here the last couple of days so I haven't really done anything exciting. Friday I'm going hiking with my sports interest group. Should be interesting...since I slept through the biking one a few weeks ago, I'm required to go to this one, but none of my friends really have to/a lot are out of town..so we'll see how that goes. Also the fact that I don't really like hiking...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment