Monday, March 14, 2011

Today has been sort of a rough day. First of all, the weather is absolutely horrible and I guess I just wasn't expecting it to be this bad in the middle of March. It's at least a half hour walk to class in pouring down rain  (and it has been for the past 2 weeks) and then when I don't have class I don't want to leave my house because it's so cold and rainy, and there isn't much to do here when it's raining. But then I get bored just watching shows on my computer all day in my tiny room. I would like to go out to eat or go to a movie, but I have to take a taxi to the movie theater and those both cost money and I don't have any extra of that lying around. Then my señora doesn't let me keep my heater on for longer than an hour. So I'm always freezing in my room. And there hasn't been any hot water lately for the shower. I took a freezing shower tonight after walking home in the cold rain. It was literally luke warm for about a minute until it got freezing. And all she says was, oh was your shower cold? And I said yeah it was freezing, and she just says, I don't know why. It's just not very comforting. And whenever I have my light on in my room she always comes in to make sure that I actually need to be using the light, and that I'm not just on my computer. Also, I keep saying I don't want any bread, but she keeps on giving it to me with every single meal, I just don't get why she is trying to force it on me. And she always toasts it so if I don't eat it I'm pretty much wasting it because it can't really be eaten later when it's already been toasted.  It's just a big roller coaster of emotions here because I literally will have one really really great day with her, and then she does all of the above and I just get so overwhelmed by how uncomfortable everything is here sometimes. And on top of that how much money I've been spending. The taxis are what's the biggest problem but there is just nothing I can do about that. I think I need it to get warm here so I can leave my house more. I also just really really miss my family, pets, and friends from home. My friends are great here, but they just aren't the same. Some days are just a lot more difficult than others here. And on top of all this I haven't had my blackberry for over a week because it broke and I just feel so disconnected from everything, and always feel so anxious because I don't really have a way of communicating with people. And my ipod broke as well so when I have to walk a half hour by myself it just feels so lonely. Luckily my parents were nice enough to send me these things and hopefully they will come in the next couple days. Maybe things will get better when I have those back. Or maybe when I start traveling a little more...who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment