Friday, May 6, 2011

Las Islas Canarias

Sunday night when we got in we just went straight to sleep. Monday we woke up and bought some groceries at the market, and went to lay out by the pool. Tenerife is beautiful. Palm trees everywhere, huge volcano in the background, the water is so clear. It was too windy to go to the beach that day though so we just hung out by the pool, grabbed lunch at a restaurant, hung out at the pool some more, and got ready for the night. We pre-gamed in our apartment/hotel and then went around to some bars. Sang some more karaoke and had a great time. The next day we went to Siam water park. IT WAS AWESOME. One of the biggest in Europe. I went on all the rides. The very first ride was the biggest one, called Tower of Power and it just goes straight down and it's reallllly tall, and when I got out, I had a GUSHING bloody nose. Alicia was like catching the blood in her hands, and it was all over my face. Finally when we got to the bathroom this little girl saw me and just had a horrified look on her face. It was in my hair, all over my face and all over my hands. I think the pressure and the elevation of that ride was a littleee too much for me to handle. All of the rides were amazing. And not many people were there so the lines weren't bad at all! It was definately one of my favorite days.
                                                        Laying by the pool : )
                                                 Creepy cockroach. Saw about 5 more of those...

                                                Black sand beaches because of the ash from volcanoes




                    This was the wave pool at the waterpark. It was awesome. HUGE  waves
                                That tall tower to the left was the one i got the bloody nose on....it was the scariest thing ever. It was seriously a vertical drop, you had to keep your head back the whole time. And the ride with the funnel and the dragon was our favorite one. 4 people to each raft and you swung back in forth in it. So fun/scary.
Alicia and I going out for the night.

After the day at the waterpark we were all exhausted but we went out for a little bit anyways. Then the next day we just layed on the beach all day long. It was beautiful out and the sun there is soo strong. It was so relaxing and the water was warm and everything. That night we went to this amazing dinner in the nicer part of Tenerife. So it was a little expensive but really good pasta and calamari. I can't WAIT to not go out to eat anymore and to stop spending thousands of dollars a day. Like I came home to 9$ in my bank account...scary. The next day our flight was at 9 am, and then the bus from Madrid to Sevilla was not until 5 pm. So we went into Madrid for lunch, then went to the bus station and took the 6 hour bus back to Sevilla.  The bus was miserable but it was so nice to be back in Sevilla and to see my señor and señora. I cant' believe I only have one week left here. Only 6 more full days. For the rest of the weekend I'm going to be checking out Feria de Abril, which is only celebrated in Sevill and is why we had another week off of school! I'm going in about an hour so I will do a seperate blog post about it and once I know more about it. I think it just celebrates flamenco...not really sure. But if you're lucky you own a "caseta" which is a tent ,and there is a bunch of dancing, eating and drinking. I'm so excited!

The only problem is that I'm SO homesick. Like just craving to see my family and be in America. But I'm just going to soak up these last days and really enjoy them and hang out with all my friends that I won't see for who knows how long. I just wish I didn't feel so sad because I miss home so much. Time to get ready for Feria : )

No comments:

Post a Comment