Saturday, April 2, 2011

Best week ever

I just had the BEST few days of my life. First of all, the weather has been about 80 degrees all week. Tuesday night, my friend Alicia's brother got into town. We went to dinner at this amazing tapas place called Los Coloniales, followed by some beers at the International Beer house, followed by a great night at our favorite club Demo, where we stayed until they turned the lights on and made us go home at about 5 in the morning. Naturally slept through my a.m. classes at 9:00 and 11:00. Woops. Made it to my writing class at CIEE though. Then Alicia, her brother and I went to this place called Cien Montaditos, where on Wednesdays everything is 1 euro! It's a restaurant/fast food kind of where they have over 100 different types of mini sandwiches, and beer and tinto de verano, (red wine with some fanta). So, got a huge meal there for only 4 euro with a big tinto! Then we just sat by the river for a while, and we went home. Thursday was about 85 degrees! Alicia and I went to our 9:00 a.m. anthropology class and met her brother afterwards. We bought some towels and went down to the rio where unfortunately as most of you know, I was filmed...I swear I speak better spanish than that. first of all, I really didn't think we were on tv cuz the camera men looked like they were from some sketchy place, not a legitimate tv station, and also I didn't know what he was asking us so I thought we would get cut out. Well I receive an e-mail from my mom a couple hours later saying that Maica saw me on tv...and now the whole family was being sent the link. Come home and my señora tells me she saw me as well, wow...so embarrassing. Went home and napped and at around 8 we went to go pick up Alicia's brothers friend/roomate back in the states, from the bus station. (They were both on business trips in London/Germany and wanted to make it over to Seville to visit Alicia!) Then the 4 of us went to to dinner at Los Coloniales again because Adam (Alicia's brother) loved it so much. The boys bought dinner for Alicia and I. Then we went to this awesome neighborhood called Alameda. It was very different than anywhere else in Seville, and all of the guidebooks say it's a must-see. It's a very bohemian part of Seville, lot's of hippies and reggae music. It was so fun, and we ran into a couple of our friends there. We just had a great night hanging at different bars and chatting. Made it home by about 3 that night because we had kayaking in the morning!
Alicia and I are in that sports interest group so our activity was to go kayaking and our leader of the group, Alberto, allowed Alicia's brother and his friend Chris to come. We had to be there by 10:30 so we got the boys (actually they are 26 so not really boys) at their hostel, went to Starbucks, and walked to the river. Alicia and I shared a kayak, I was in front and she was in back. And the guys shared one as well, and then there were about 8 other people there from our interest group. It was SO beautiful out, 90 degrees, and we were just kayaking down the Guadalquivir. I didn't take any pictures but the guide did so he is going to e-mail them to us, I'll post those when I see them. It was so fun but my arms are SO sore. It was hard work. After about 2 hours on the rio, we went to the international food festival to grab some lunch. I had a gyro and chips and guac, and of course a margarita. We hung out there for a while and then went to go see Plaza de España because Chris had never been to Seville. We showed them our university and we had a drink at Cien Montaditos. Afterward we got ice cream, they bought some tourist stuff, and we all went home to nap.
That night Alicia and I walked to the guys' hostel, and we went to get dinner at a place called Mr. Pizza. Oh my gosh it was the best pizza ever. Probably because it was very American. So good. Then, this was the best part, we heard that we should go to the top of a hotel, sit on the patio on the roof and get a drink. OH MY GOD IT WAS SO COOL. The place is called Hotel Eme, it's one of the nicest in Seville I'm pretty sure. The roof was huge, had a pool, a few bars with glasses and glasses being prepared for mojitos, and a DJ for later. The patio literally faces the cathedral/giralday (the tower connected to the cathedral) I'm posting a picture from the internet because the picture we took is on Chris' camera.
That was our view. Alicia and I got a table and the boys were just going to bring us over some beers because drinks were 12 euro (beers were 6) so quite spendy. But then Alicia's brother suprised her and I with MOJITOS. They were the best thing I have ever tasted in my entire life. So the four of us just stayed and chatted for while and took in the scene. Very swanky. Then we continued on to show the guys what we do at nights before we go to clubs. Botellon. We bought some drinks and took them down to the river to drink before we went to Abril, the club for the night. It was such nice weather and it was so nice to hang out the 4 of us. Took a cab to Abril (because Alicia's foot is like broken, she got tendinitis from walking too much here) and had a great time dancing until 6 in the morning. Also, one of my best friends from home Katherine, is studying in Madrid and her program came to Seville for the weekend so I saw her there! It was so fun to be with a friend from home.
Alicia's brother and Chris left today, were both pretty bummed because we literally had the best days of our lives in Seville this week. I can't believe I only have a little over a month left. It's going by WAY too quickly. I'll hopefully have pictures to post soon. They are mostly only Adam or Chris' camera so I'll have to wait until they put them on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment