Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Alicante

Today I woke up and it was so sunny out! After I ate another delicious breakfast Paco and Carmen took me to the beach that is right in front of the Melia Alicante hotel. We took the bus because Carmen´s knee was hurting I think? She got surgery on it last year. I feel so bad, I feel like I am really wearing them out. Also, Paco keeps talking to me in English for some reason and Carmen gets mad at him, it´s quite funny. I don´t really know if he is trying to practice or if he thinks I don´t understand spanish...haha. AnywaysI layed out for a couple hours on the sand while they walked around I think, and then they sat at a restaurant for a while. It was sooo nice I just slept and listend to music. The beaches here are so clean. So many people were out there too, and a lot of topless people as well. ew. At about 2:00 we got took the bus home and Paco made lunch. We had this really delicious garbanzo soup and bread. Borris dropped little Cristina off while we were eating so she ate lunch with us. For the rest of the day I just ended up playing with Cristina and it was so fun! We played with some dolls/muppets and watched tv and I took her downstairs to this little playground they have in the building. She is so adorable and she´s always yelling my name, ¨Raquel! Raquel!´´ and telling me to ´come with her and look at stuff. I also have been eating sooo much here. They just have really yummy snacks like normal people do. They have these really good almonds, this good yogurt, and also chocolate. I don´t really get that sort of stuff at my homestay in Sevilla so I´ve sort of been hoarding it and now I feel a little ill.

After hanging out with Cristina for a long time I showered and got ready for the night.  We walked Cristina to her house and then Carmen Paco and I bought some jamon iberico de bellota (Maica I think this is what you told me to try, or at least that is what they said, and it is SO good) apparantly you can´t get it in the America, besides like New York or something, and it´s more expensive and the grease is like good for you. It was sooo good. Then they took me to Corte Ingles and we walked around the centro for a few minutes. We ran into Cristina, Borris and little Cristina on our way to this restaurant called Piripi, and so they decided to come with us. (Maica apparantly you really like this palce?) It was so good! I really liked the atmosphere. We all had some beer and ate chorizo, DELICIOUS calamari and also croquetas. Super fun. We stayed there for a while and then it was time to go home. I am so tired, I didnt get my siesta in today...Cristina holds my hand the whole time wherever we walk it´s so fun. And Borris and Cristina (Maica´s sister) are just like the nicest. They are just really cool and fun to talk to. I feel sooo bad because on our way home Carmen and Paco weretalking about how tired they were and I just don´t know what to say! I really hope me being here isn´t too much on them. They really don´t need to do anything! I´m actually having such a great time, they are so nice and always make sure that I´´m getting enough food (which I obviously am) and that I´m comfortable with everything...etc. I know I keep saying it but I really don´t know how I can thank them. (Maica tell me what I should do, I feel like a thank you letter isn't sufficient!) I´m so full right now because when we got home they offered me ham and cheese and I just can´t say no because it´s so good. Like I literally feel like I might explode. Also, I´m going to need something to thank your sister as well!! I love hanging out with her daughter, and Cristina and Borris have taken me to el castillo, the centro, this other neighborhood, AND tomorrow Cristina, her daughter, Paco, Carmen and I are going to a city called Calpe that is up the coast a little. I´m so excited but sad because it´s my last day here! Maica and Jamie I know you are coming here in June but you have GOT to get your parents to visit one more time to Portland...and your sister and her family. I´m going to sleep and to watch the end of the Barcelona vs. Madrid soccer game. Its the final cup...Sorry I am writing novels. And also there might be a lot of pictures coming too. But not all of them because it´s too hard and I will put them all in my scrapbook this summer!




                                            At Piripi's!

1 comment:

  1. would you recommend Calpe or Alicante for a family holiday?
    Calpe was lovely but I'm thinking Alicante has more going on...
    Sorry but I can't see any contact page so have to do it this way. you can reply if you want to galwaypatrick'at'gmail.com

    ReplyDelete