Monday, April 11, 2011

Lagos, Portugal!


So Lagos this weekend was the most unbelievable place I've ever been to. As you can see the water is the prettiest I've ever seen ocean water be. The cliffs are amazing, and the sand is perfect. I've never been anywhere like it. Friday we arrived around 2 p.m., checked in to our great hotel and went straight to the beach. We went with this group called Discover Sevilla. A business here that sets up trips for students studying abroad. Lagos had a set price, and we got the hotel, transportation, drink tickets, and some other things, and then we could pay extra to learn how to surf or to take a sangria sailboat cruise. I think there were a couple hundred people who went with them. A few friends and I decided to the sail boat cruise and it was completely worth it because we got unlimited sangria, took a sail boat out in the ocean and then got in a smaller boat to go into all the small grottos.



These were the grottos that the smaller boat took us through. The water seriously looked like you could drink it. Sooo nice, and it wasn't too freezing either! I went swimming in it a lot. After the sangria cruise the boat dropped us off at a new huge beach where there was this great restaurant that I had the best tuna sandwich at. We literally just spent the rest of the day lounging on the beach listening to music because my friend Brett bought speakers, and just having the best time ever. The bus picked us back up at 6 to go back to the hotel so we could get ready for the night. Me and my friends went out to dinner and then went to the recommended bars for the night that we had some drink tickets to. It was so much fun I never wanted to leave. Luckily we had all day Sunday there as well so we went back to the smaller beach near our hotel and layed out there all day long. Swam a lot in the ocean and just relaxed. It was SO hot. Mid 80's at least, so I stood in the ocean a lot of the time. Lagos will definately be some place I travel back to. The houses there are so cute as all, all different bright colors. It was just really amazing. Had to spend a lot of money because we only got breakfast included with the hotel, but it was totally worth it. I really recommend going there. 

Only 32 days left here! So crazy, and 5 of those days I'll be in Alicante, and then I have a few days of class, and then I'm in Madrid/Canary Islands for 7 of those days! It's going to end so soon I'm getting so sad. But I'm also getting a little homesick as well! I know I'm going to miss it so much, but some things are just going to be great to come back to. I really just miss my family and friends and wish they could be here with me. Madeline told me that everyone is celebrating Easter together next week and I got a little sad. But I thin Semana Santa will distract me from it! I'll get to have a nice relaxing week in Alicante and then I can see the processions here on Saturday and Sunday which I heard is the perfect amount of time to be here for it because it's just so crazy and crowded on the streets. 
 This is Brett, Ryan, me Grayson and Cj. They all go to Wisconsin and Penn state. Just like everyone else in my program...
 This is just random pictures from Seville. Me, Alicia and our friend Andrew are in the neighborhood Alameda. The really bohemian one that we went to during my favorite week here.
And this is just Alicia and I spending 8 hours at the río the other day because I get done with class at 11 on Thursdays soo just had a really great day there!



No comments:

Post a Comment