Sunday, January 23, 2011

Seville...

Today I didn't wake up until 2:00 in the afternoon. I feel like my señor y señor think I'm so lazy because so far everyday we've ate lunch at 3:00 and then I take a siesta until I go out...but I will have class soon so I will have more to do! It's so cold so I haven't explored the city as much as I've wanted to, but as soon as it gets warmer I will. Tonight we went to this bar to watch the packers game but it was kind of dumb because it was all Americans...I prefer the more local scene. It's more fun. The past 2 nights I haven't gotten home until  5 in the morning so  tonight is great because it is 1 in the morning and I'm about to go to sleep! All the stores are closed today so it's kind of weird to see the city so silent and there aren't many pedestrians on the street like normal. Today, my señora made me paella!! It was SO GOOD. Usually I think meat goes in it but mine just has veggies. I want to go to a restaurant and get paella with shrimp. And yesterday for lunch she made me the best soup. It had garbanzo beans and spinach and it was soo yummy. She cooks so well, at least I think so. For dinner last night I had pizza with eggplant maybe? I'm not sure, she showed me the vegetable because I didn't understand.The language barrier is still pretty tough, and she gets a little mad because I kept my heater on when I was napping...but it is SO freezing, but for the most part I think they like me, and I love the. Yesterday they talked on the phone for like an hour with one of their past students they had stay with them. Everything is so great here except for the cold! The picture is me and my friends at a bar last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment