Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally in Seville!

Today is my first full day in Seville!! I got in at 1 a.m. last night with like 30 other students from CIEE that were also stuck in the Madrid airport for about 12 hours. Our flight was cancelled due to fog and we couldn't get another one until 10:00 p.m. So finally I got to sleep at like 2 in the morning and woke up at 8 for breakfast at the hotel and orientation at 9. Breakfast was great with lot's of yummy fruit. But usually they don't even eat breakfast here I guess. Then we took a little walk around the city with our groups and got lunch. Lunch was so gross. Like nasty mashed up fish and gross fried cheese on icky bread. It was all ordered for us because CIEE payed for it, to say the least I am starving now and we aren't going to dinner until 8. There were some meat items, chicken and jamón but obviously I don't eat that. My group leader was super nice about me being a vegetarian and already knew I was one the second I met her, so she made sure I stayed away from it. Anyways, I'm super excited for tonight because we are going to get tapas and go to a flamenco show. I'm so exhausted though I don't know if I'm going to make it out afterwards. The buildings here are so cool looking I love it, and some of the streets are so tiny. The plazas are my favorite and it looks like there is going to be some great shopping. Looks like I'm going to be taking a lot of public transportation too...which if anyone knows me I HATE public transportation..but we took it today and it was actually really nice, nicer than the max in Portland. Usually my posts won't be this long I hope. I just had my oral interview with a teacher from CIEE and it was a little difficult, I had to ask her to slow down. And our guide and our whole orientation is completely in Spanish so it's a little confusing. Tomorrow we meet our host family, I'm with a married couple. The internet is bad here so I couldn't post any pictures unfortunately.


No comments:

Post a Comment