Thursday, February 3, 2011

School and other things...

I don't have any pictures to post or anything but I thought I would update a little bit, even though I haven't done too much since Granada. For school I had to go this market called Mercado de calle Feria. It's a market that is from like the 16th century and it was SO cool. The fruits and vegetables that were for sale were the brightest yummiest looking things I had ever seen. I wish I had taken a picture. Then we strolled down the aisles and there were all these different types of cheeses, and more fruits and veggies. Then we got to the meat part which was actually foul. I don't know why they feel like they need to hang all their meat here but that is exactly what they do. Chunky sausage links and ham just hanging all over. And then they were just all chopping away at other meat and I actually thought I was going to vomit. But I guess it's a pretty famous market and we had to write a composition about it. Got an A on my midterm last Friday so that was pretty great. We have our final exam tomorrow. Yesterday we had to go to El Museo de Bellas Artes. It was cool but I didn't know or recognize any of the paintings though, but it was fun to see, and then we had to write a composition about that too. Haven't gone out the last 2 nights because I've been tired and had this test to study for. Tomorrow I'm done with the 2 week intensive session and on Monday regular classes start. I have 3 at the University of Seville, and one Spanish class at the CIEE center. My house is still absolutely freezing and I sleep in thousands of layers. This week has been sunny everyday which has been wonderful but still so chilly. Can't wait for 3:00 tomorrow when I'm done and can go out! The food my señora has been cooking is still so so delicious. Everything is so great except for how much money I'm spending and how cold it is! Going to start planning weekend trips this weekend, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment